Myrna's Treasure

It was Wednesday evening.  We were gathered around tables at our weekly prayer service.
She sat across the table from me, heart-heavy with the recent loss
of her best friend/sister-in-law.
After prayer, my husband led us in a discussion study of John 12
and the story of Mary anointing Jesus' feet 
with the precious ointment.
The discussion ended, folks got up to leave,
 and my friend across the table timidly motioned for me.
She handed me this treasure, wrapped loosely in Christmas paper.
She said she'd lost something precious this week and felt God directing her
to share something precious with me.
Only after unwrapping the "treasure" did the full impact (and parellel) of this friend's
timid and generous gift strike me.
Indeed, as did Mary's ointment THAT day,
THIS lotion's fragrance filled and CONTINUES to fill the room of my heart.
***
Dear Myrna.  I receive and return the treasure of love.

2 comments:

  1. I think God arranged this gift of lotion for you from Myrna and the John 12 Scripture reading. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Myrna is a sweet, simple woman and I have no doubt the Lord arranged it! ❤️

      Delete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)