Contrasts

Though I live in a small town,
I'm surrounded by contrasts.
In front of our house, construction projects
result in a steady and heavy line of traffic when the workday is done.
Meanwhile in the country just a mile or so away...

These contrasts make those of a spiritual nature even more "real" for me...
Darkness - Light
Love of the world - Love of the Father
Lost - Found
God - Mammon
Heaven - Hell
Broad way - Narrow way
Day - Night
Life - Death
True - False
Pride - Humility
Good - Evil
Even as I think/type, the contrasts call for a deliberate choice.
And (at least, to me) the choice is clear!
I'm reminded of the prophet Elijah's instruction to the people of his day.
"How long will you keep hesitating between both sides?
\If the LORD is God, go after him. If Baal, go after him." 
But the people didn't say a word.  (I Kings 18:21)
What do I say?
Why would I hesitate?

2 comments:

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)