Sheep May Safely Graze

 I know.
I've turned quite rural on you!
Pastoral, even...
Definition:  adj.(especially of land or a farm) 
used for or related to the keeping or grazing of sheep or cattle.
"scattered pastoral farms"

 Even in music I enjoy "Sheep May Safely Graze" (Bach)
when playing weekly duets with Donna
and "The 23rd Psalm" on my ukulele.
 Actually, we DO have a few fields of sheep around our small town,
but they are quite a ways off the road which makes it difficult
to get a good photo.
Meanwhile...
Sheep may safely graze and pasture
Where a shepherd guards them well
So the nation ruled in wisdom
Knows and shares the many blessings
Which both peace and plenty brings.

4 comments:

  1. Would you believe you are the second ukulele player I have encountered in the past week? A young girl at our church played hers for the congregation last Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had one 50 years ago...this one the past year or so. I take it along sometimes when I go visiting with my husband...

      Delete
  2. I love that we can safely graze under the loving watch of our Shepherd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reassuring when aware of all the possibilities for disruption and harm surrounding us....

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)