Simple Stuff

 Simple stuff is what makes up our days...
I've been reading.  While the men in the house watch some basketball,
I have been enjoying this book (recommended by SOMEone).
I look forward to finding and watching an old British television production
about this remarkable woman living a most solitary and hard life in a remote place.
 This is the most recent puzzle that we completed.
Dad helps find the border pieces; husband works at the bulk of it.
I work best when alone - so finished the last 25-30 pieces while the men
were away.
 I said good-by to this sweet pair.
I'd listed them long ago on a Facebook page and actually had forgotten I'd done so!
Someone saw them and asked if they were still available.
They were.  Now I've decluttered two more pieces.
And we celebrated my sister's birthday!
Her husband was in Africa, and her daughter had to work.
She (my niece) asked us if we'd take Suzie out to eat,
and of course we complied.
Suzie didn't know WHO was coming to pick her up at noon,
so we shouted, "Surprise!" when she opened the door.

...Simple stuff make me happy...

 'Tis a gift to be simple, 'tis a gift to be free
'Tis a gift to come down where I ought to be
And when I am in the place just right
I will be in the valley of love and delight
When true simplicity is gained
To bow and to bend I will not be ashamed
To turn, to turn will be my delight
'Til by turning, turning, I come 'round right.
(An old Shaker song)

8 comments:

  1. I loved reading Hannah Hauxwell books- what an amazing woman
    She diedi n Jan
    I saw some videos on you tube you might find interesting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband looked them up for me (the you tube videos). Now we just have to make the time to watch them. I didn't realize she just died. She was born the same year as my father who is living with us now...He's 91.

      Delete
  2. I love simple too!

    I'm sure your sister enjoyed her birthday meal! In fact, I'll bet you all enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read Seasons of My Life by Hannah Hauxhall, you can watch the films form the seventies on YouTube. Interesting look into a rural life. Hannah just recently died, she was in her 90's.

    Bean

    PS thanks for update on piano stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read her obituary.... Gary found the you tube. Now we just need to find/take the time to watch!

      Delete
  4. I was born, and raised in England. One year we took a family trip in a small camper van through the Yorkshire Dales, they are stunningly beautiful and very stark at the same time. We spent the night in an old dale farmhouse owned by a friend of my parents. I will never forget the house, the stone walls were a foot or more thick throughout the building, the floors flagged stone and very uneven, the windows small, it was the absolutely amazing. We walked to the neighboring farm, a mile away, to collect milk. My sisters and I were given milk to drink in the barn, it was still warm from the cow. All in all a fabulous family trip and while there we went to the home of the Bronte's, now a sort of museum, little did I know how much I would enjoy their books when I grew up.

    Hannah's book brought back memories of the solid Yorkshire Dales farmhouse we were privileged to stay in once, long ago.

    Bean

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)