Small Changes

Last Sunday evening, around 9 pm, I was inspired.  "If I move the desk in my music room just 90 degrees then I can sit comfortably without bumping into the bookshelf."
Just a small change, but consequently other things had to be arranged as well...Monday I was pretty tired, but as I finished my day and gazed at the new music/work space, I was happy.  Small changes can be good for the soul.
That from Mary in Ouaga, an ethnomusicologist working in Burkina Faso.  And I can attest to that observation!  Small changes CAN be good for the soul. Small changes like:

  • reading the Bible in another translation
  • moving a pillow from one chair to another
  • straightening a picture frame or mirror gone awry
  • parting one's hair in a different place
  • writing a handwritten note instead of a text message
  • sitting in a different pew for a change
  • trying a new (or old, forgotten) recipe
These are a few small changes I can point to in my own routine lately.  They were not made for the express purpose of affecting my soul, but I CAN attest to that positive outcome among others. By the way, I also can identify with Mary in her observation that often, even with small changes, other things have to be "arranged" as well...

What small changes have YOU made recently?
What small changes do you plan to incorporate into your life?

4 comments:

  1. "writing a handwritten note instead of a text message"

    I think this is good for the soul!

    Changes...hmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't heart-warming to receive a hand-written note?

      Delete
  2. Great tips Rebecca. Changes are going on here, large and small.

    Have a great Friday and weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)