Nothing but Aspiration

She sat in our living room.  Poised and serene.
This photo doesn't begin to capture the twinkle in her eye;
the peaceful countenance; the demure smile;
the confidence of an unshakeable faith in Jesus.
Her ninety-nine years had given her composure I can only hope for!
Sixty years ago, she was my first piano teacher.
I owe her BIG time.
I admire her with a capacity I didn't know I possess.
Today, I read these lines in a book I hesitate to identify
without a disclaimer.
It so accurately expresses my experience
AND my aspiration.


6 comments:

  1. I have a feeling this is the woman who secretly rules the whole world.

    Love the quote, but now you have me curious what book this is! Maybe email me if you don't want to say aloud? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely tribute to your admired and loved piano teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome tribute to a dear lady, oh the wealth of knowledge she posses! You are blessed to know her, as I am sue you have also added so much to her life as well, I believe true friendship is a two way street.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)