This Malaise



The days drag on
each ending with genuine expectations that their tomorrows will be better--
less coughing;
more energy.
Occasionally a morning seems to match the expectation
only to be contradicted
once the body gets in motion--
more coughing;
less energy.
Questions haunt the mind:
How does one measure improvement?
Are there medical solutions to this malaise?
Have I waited too long?
Meanwhile, genuine expectations and haunting questions
continue to battle it out.
12/26/2017 rlg

4 comments:

  1. I’m so sorry you are still unwell. Take the rest God has sent your way. Also I have eucalyptus oil on the feet to really help with coughing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tried the Vicks on the feet thing this morning. Colds just take time. I've had so few that I'd kind of forgotten. I AM taking the rest. Just sorry I can't "do" more for other people who are in need this morning.....♥

      Delete
  2. Dear Rebecca ~ so sorry to hear you are unwell and pray that you will soon be up and about feeling fantastic again.

    Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's "just" a cold. Really has me out of commission though...

      Delete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)