The Raven and I

After months in the ark,
I rather imagine the raven Noah summoned to fly over the receding waters
needed some nudging and encouragement to test its wings
 before going on its mission.
I felt a bit like that this morning.
Weakened and slowed by my malaise,
I gathered pins, fabric and scissors to test MY wings
by fabricating a simple replacement cover
for the cushion on which I sit every day.
This was the tangible result.
What is NOT visible is the very real spark (however small) of hope
that healing is progressing and health is just around the corner.
***
This small project intensifies my desire and determination
to be more creatively productive in 2018.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. (I'm sure I'll look back on t this post and wonder WHY it was "postworthy"!) I believe I AM on the mend--and that's postworthy.

      Delete
  2. Glad you are on the mend and I am looking to be more creatively productive in 2018 as well.

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)