Calm before the Storm

Today the calm...
Seated at one of the two tables in front of Cracker Barrel's fireplace.
The manager even threw on fresh logs just for us (or so I told myself)!
Tonight, carol sing at our regular Wednesday evening prayer service.
And tomorrow, the storm.
I head into downtown Chicago to pick up my father and brother
at Union Station.
My Chicago daughter has warned me that our trip out of the city
will be during the heart of rush hour.
A most memorable Christmas season this is turning out to be.

5 comments:

  1. Love that fireplace! How cool that they have a real one.

    Praying for a peaceful drivie for you in Chicago, a little pocket of peace as you go... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their fireplaces!

    Prayers for safe travels tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our most favorite restaurant to eat, one day I'm going to have a fireplace just like theirs :)
    Wishing you and yours the Merriest of Christmases, I have so enjoyed our visits back and forth throughout the year !
    Hugs dear friend,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, my friend....
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Jackie! You made my evening :)
      Merry Christmas to YOU!
      Catch me up on what's going on. I've missed you.

      Delete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)