Cut and Fold

Rather than slipping the gift card into a greeting card,
I recycled a greeting card to make a box to fit the gift card.
(I've seen one before, but I'm not sure I've tried my hand at one until now.)
I googled to find a pattern and found it delightfully easy to construct!
***
I was doubly pleased when I turned the box top over
and found the Christ Child in its center--
as though I'd made an effort to place Him there...
I hadn't.
But I AM determined to keep Him as the focus
in my personal life and celebrations this season.
I am well aware that it doesn't just "happen"
as easily as it did with the box top!
 

5 comments:

  1. WoW! I love this idea, I have so many meeting cards. I will have to google how to do this, I am a baker but when it comes to crafts, I am all thumbs.~smile~
    Thanks for visiting.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not very crafty either....but (after one trial) I was pleased with the outcome of THIS project!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea! Will check out those instructions after Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)