An Evening to Remember

 As part of the celebration of the 500th anniversary of the Reformation,
Concordia Seminary in Fort Wayne is honoring Martin Luther's
translation of the Bible into the language of the people (German)
over a period of 4 days.
We decided to check it out!
Entering the auditorium, we saw the collection of Bibles in several languages.
 Once in the auditorium,
we listened to the reading of some exciting chapters--
those ending Genesis through the calling of Moses
and the plagues God inflicted on the Egyptians as recorded in Exodus.
 The reading will continue 24/7 with the exception of an hour on Friday morning.
 The readings are scheduled through Sunday at about 1:30 p.m.
We stepped out of the auditorium to the beautiful view of the campus by night
 refreshed and with new appreciation of our Bible and
the men who dedicated their lives to its transcriptions and translations.
The three of us remarked about the difference between
reading the Word and hearing it read.
And though we were not unfamiliar with the passages read,
we each heard several details as though for the first time!
Thanks, Concordia Theological Seminary for an evening to remember.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting! I have never heard of Reformation Day until recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to be there... but I do love hearing the word of God read. I have downloaded audio versions on my laptop so I can listen to the Bible while I read the passages. Builds my faith too! (Faith comes by hearing, and hearing the word of God.)

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)