Prayer and Presence

 When he called a few days before to tell me he was thinking of bringing Mother
 to the large, extended family gathering, I confess I was dubious about his decision.
 I'm not sure she's been out of the facility containing the Special Care Unit
in which she is living for close to a year.
I'm QUITE certain she's not ridden in a car for that long.
Her words are usually nonsensical, her gait unsteady, and her mind confused.
He agonized over the decision.
I said, "Daddy, you don't have to make up your mind until the morning of."
Well, as you can see, he brought her.
I KNOW he prayed about the decision,
and I have no question that her presence with us that day
and her demeanor were a direct and clear answer to his prayer.
 The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.  James 5:16
My personal prayer life was given a tremendous boost
as a result of my father's prayer and my mother's presence. 




14 comments:

  1. How positively lovely for you all...a real Christmas gift for sure! Your mother looks strong and involved in the pictures. My mother in law fell and broke a hip and it was surgery for Christmas. She does well considering she is 95. Time will tell what is next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was definitely a "miracle" - strong and involved. Her dementia has progressed to where she can't say our names. How much she knows is a mystery. Her words don't make make sense, but I wonder if there isn't some "sense" left in her mind which makes it more confusing and troubling for her.....

      Hip surgery at 95? Oh, my. Prayers for her and all you who love her!

      Delete
  2. I am always in awe to see Our Lord answer us. So good of you to share this, as a way of seeing it with our own eyes... nothing is impossible with Our God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brought back so many memories for me. My mother was in a special care unit too. She didn't do well at our family gathering. She was much more comfortable in her own special place. She was afraid of the car ride.
    Your mother looks involved and enjoying herself. What a wonderful Christmas present for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A blessing indeed.
    This made my heart smile.
    Warm and loving wishes for your Mom and Dad.
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful Christmas gift! I love the photos of your folks.

    This brings tears to my eyes. God's continued blessings on all of you.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  6. God is just so very good! What a blessed CHRISTmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is so touching! It is inspiring to see a spouse care so tenderly for his beloved. The memories of this Christmas gathering will remain for years to come.

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)