Dead Ends and Dark Alleys

Cornucopias - "Horn of Plenty"
Red (warmth), yellow (energy) and blue (strength).
Maybe seeing these colors together will get my blood going ...
I had to tweak the photo a bit to produce the color.
Sometimes that's how it is in life.  You've gotta "tweak" it!
I admit to feeling a bit lost.  And lethargic.  A bit adrift.  Lately.
When I stumbled upon these bookends sitting on the bottom shelf
of one of our bookcases yesterday,
I was reminded of the abundant and full life that Jesus came to give us all.
I receive it (again) today!
I remind myself of the
importance and pleasures,
opportunities and beauty
that lie in every second of this gift of TODAY...
I "tweak" myself with words like these:
Live your life, take chances, be crazy. Don't wait cause right now is the oldest you've ever been & the youngest you'll be ever again.
 “I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things... I play with leaves. 
I skip down the street and run against the wind.”
 Leo F. Buscaglia 


“Find life experiences and swallow them whole. Travel. Meet many people. Go down some dead ends and explore dark alleys. Try everything. Exhaust yourself in the glorious pursuit of life.” Lawrence K. Fish
How can we please the Lord? Be hopeful in him
"The LORD takes pleasure in those who hope in his steadfast love." Psa. 147:11
(from a John Piper tweet)

And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”  Genesis 1:28 

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your "blahs" lately. You probably need a visit from me to perk you up! LOL. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't simple wisdom the best? It never runs out! May we all join Leo in running among the leaves; and remembering that happy feet dance.

    Blessings,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get your mojo back soon. I think pumpkin pie would help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen Rebecca............
    Great post!
    and a Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

    Are you staying home or having Thanksgiving Din Din somewhere else??? Hope it is a grand day for you and yours,

    blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been pretty down myself lately Rebecca. Not usual for me. Just these past couple of years. Your post was perfect for me today and a good reminder not to waste what little time we have as it goes so quickly. Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you have been down, Rebecca. These are excellent quotes and just reading them makes me feel better! You will too--and soon!
    I hope you and your family have a wonderful day together giving thanks.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Live out Loud! For His Glory!!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for your really lovely comment, it was a real boost :-)

    Lost, lethargic and adrift - I think it's November with its grey weather and short days that's getting to you.

    The quotes are very uplifting and positive and I hope you can draw some strength out of them. Wishing you a good week, Love from London xo

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)