While taking photos for my second-hand turquoise post, the words on this shoe box captured my attention!
Intrigued, I turned to the dictionary to find that "stride" means:
1. To walk with long steps, especially in a ...vigorous way.
2. To take a single long step, as in passing over an obstruction.
I haven't always been a "strider"! And the older I get, the more challenging it is to PHYSICALLY "stride"!
But life calls for it still--at several levels. Whether dealing with difficulties, long hours, or obstructions of any type, I want to be a "strider". Thankfully, I don't stride alone!
|Life Stride. It's not just a brand name! |
It's a way of life.
- Those who hope in the Lord...will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint (Isaiah 40:31).
- If the Lord delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand (Psalm 37:23-24).
- When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble Proverbs 4:12).