NOW ME TOO!


In reading Luke's account of the Very First Christmas I've noticed some interesting responses of people involved in the story.

Zechariah, the father of John the Preparer, when informed of HIS part in the story, basically said, "NOT me!" Luke 1: 18-24 tells what happened to him.

Next comes Mary.  Her response is, "HOW me?"  (verse 34)  God graciously gives her a brief explanation, a sign, and the assurance, "With God, nothing is impossible!"

Elizabeth, old and formerly barren, is next.  In verse 43 she asks, "WHY me?" (The answer is "grace" - God's unsolicited and unmerited favor.)

Then after the birth of Jesus, old Simeon (Luke 2:25-35).  His response? "NOW me" (vs. 29). Ready to die in peace.  Satisfied with the sight of baby Jesus and confident of the eternal life He came to procure.

Thankfully, Zechariah came around!  After at least 9 months of God-imposed speechlessness (and maybe deafness), he spoke and praised God to the awe and amazement of all who heard him or heard ABOUT him!
His "NOT me" turned into "Now me TOO!"

Heavenly Father, I address my "HOW mes" and "WHY mes" to You and wait in expectation for your Word.  I ask that you will help ME come around like Zechariah!  Please turn ALL my "NOT mes" into "NOW mes"!  For the sake of Your Son, my Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful quotes from the most beautiful story in the world, and a great perspective on each part of the story and how you wove it into your own life.
    May your prayer be mine.
    Thanks for sharing this.
    Love to you,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have turned verses into quotes and a story......beautiful....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. A profound and stunning "tracing" of the world's response to the revelation of Jesus Christ!

    Now me.

    Adore this, Rebecca.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this blog, Rebecca.
    God bless you and your family.
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)