Journal as Life

 I wrote my "Ten Lines" this morning...
 the closer I get
 to the last page
 of my 
current journal
 the stronger 
 the temptation is
 to quit and begin
 a new one
 "patience"
 i tell myself
 Before those above,
 there were these below.
Like life,
finishing is perhaps more significant
than beginning
(though I know beginning precedes finishing)...
Somehow, my eagerness to begin a new journal
makes me recognize the importance
of the remaining 17 pages in the old one.
I am determined
(if a bit impatient).

1 comment:

  1. That’s neat that you have all these journals, to go back and read through.

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)