This Winter of Words

This winter I've found myself occupied with words.
 They fascinate me!  What can I say?
One of the candidates for presidency of the United States
has been "caught" in a tangle of words
that someone described as "fruit salad". 
That is an interesting description, I think...
I've been thinking about the complexity of words--
even single words.
So many are used 
so variously,
so loosely,
so ill-defined.
Words like faith, hope, love, forgive, believe, Christian, evangelical.
And the list goes on.
I've sort of struggled in this winter of words.
Anyone else?



6 comments:

  1. I’ve been studying the word “harmlessly this morning. As in “Harmless as doves.” Interesting study and convicting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we should speak in music instead. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proverbs 10:19 - When words are many, transgression is not lacking, but whoever restrains his lips is prudent.

    I'm a talker and this is a good reminder to me to guard my tongue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Rebecca Thanks for sharing the word of God. Your words help me to experience the immense love of God.

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)