In the Backseat

Usually alone in the back seat.  Not THIS time!
 This quote from one very gifted, contemporary author 
sums up my life the past three years...
"How surprising to discover that devotion to God often grows best from the backseat, 
in hidden years, and in deserts." (Alicia Britt Chole)
Since my father came to live with us, 
I spend most travel time in the back seat!
Often alone.
It has provided an interesting perspective.
I'm not sure how to measure growth in devotion to God, 
but I AM trusting in His power and ability to "grow" me...


6 comments:

  1. Dear Rebecca ~ that is a sweet photo of you. God is still growing us and our trust in Him is a necessary ingredient. Have a lovely Christmas season ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Precious! You have a beautiful way with words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! Words are about as close to "art" that I can get. How I admire YOUR art, Marlynne.

      Delete
  3. You're so cute! I think its sweet that you give your dad the front seat and ride in the back. Your cute companions must be grands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...2 of our 13.
      Dad has a stiff leg that fits best in front seat😊. I don't mind.

      Delete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)