Bridged

 Traveling home from Alabama,
I took photos from a moving car
 of two parallel bridges
while crossing a third!
I've never been comfortable
crossing bridges, and this time 
was no exception.
It DID bring back memories
of the early 70's song,
Bridge Over Troubled Water...
My husband won my heart
when we were dating and I was going through what at that time
seemed like "troubled waters".
He hand delivered the album to me
without any words, as I recall now.

When you're weary, feeling small
When tears are in your eyes, I'll dry them all (all)
I'm on your side, oh, when times get rough
And friends just can't be found
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down
♥️


5 comments:

  1. I think that’s what our Bridgebuilders are—a bridge over troubled waters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Dorcas, is that you? Gail?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, sweet Lady. I haven't visited in a long time. I don't blog these days, just share on Facebook. That's always been a favorite song of mine. Hope you're doing well. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh. Thanks for visiting! I don't blig as much as usual either...

      Delete
  4. Awwww ... sweet special memory. Love that old song.

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)