Behavior Modification

Changes that seem small and unimportant at first 
will compound into remarkable results
if you’re willing to stick with them for years.
So read a twitter post from James Clear (whomever he may be). 
Funny it should appear today just as I am into DayThree of
an important behavior modification!
Not sure how many "years" I have left as I near age 70.
However, I DO know that I need to quit crossing my legs!
After a knee replacement and hip replacement,
it is well past time.
A couple of veins popping on the side of one leg near my knee
reminded me that I REALLY need to institute a "small change".
I sit awkwardly in church pews and other chairs
and it just feels good - or necessary somehow - to cross my legs.
Sunday, I stacked two hymnbooks and put my two feet flat on them 
throughout the church service.
It helped the awkward feeling.
AND...
I've called a silverware box into service at our kitchen table
where I sit for meals and playing games in the evening.
Old habits really ARE hard to break,
but I'm determined to establish this NEW one.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I cross my legs all the time. I simply am not comfortable without them being that way. Good luck on your behavior modification.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was me for 69 years! Now that I saw the veins, I'm motivated to quit! Not easy though...

      Delete
  2. I no longer cross my legs to sit, since breaking my ankles, and having neuropathy, crossing my legs seems to constrict the flow of blood further.
    Like you, I choose to raise my feet on something about four inches in height, seems to do the trick !
    You live and learn.....eventually :)
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)