Liverwurst, Facebook, and Me

It all started with one of those silly Facebook posts --
a "remember this" one, as I recall.
And it was about liverwurst.  Braunschweiger.
Actually, "goose liver" is what I remember my mother calling it.
Anyway, I remember that I loved it.
A few years ago, a friend of ours fixed a spread made
with braunschweiger and cream cheese
for a carry-in we'd been invited to.
 The Facebook post reminded me of it
and I shot off a message to him to see if he could make me one for $10.
(I know the price of cream cheese has gone through the roof!)
To make a long story short, 
within 24 hours this beautiful - and large - ball arrived.
Friends who commented on the Facebook thread are clamoring for the recipe
AND a liverwurst party is being planned for after the holidays.
Should be fun!
By the way, if YOU like it, what's your favorite way to eat it?
And please, no information about how unhealthy it is!


6 comments:

  1. This looked like ice cream in the thumbnail! Imagine my surprise. :)



    ReplyDelete
  2. As a vegan I no longer eat braunschweiger, but when I did eat meat, I loved it on buttered toast, definitely my MOST favorite way to eat it. I always wished they would sell it in 2oz packages, as that would have been enough to satisfy my occasional craving. Unfortunately no one else in my home likes the stuff, and 8 oz is a lot to eat for one person and I would end up throwing some of it away.

    Bean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had any since the last "cheese ball" - maybe 3/4 years ago! I used to like a sandwich with mustard or mayo. Saw someone who chopped onion and put it on, too. My mouth can't stop watering. Yes, 8 oz. IS a lot for one person :)

      Delete
  3. Dennis and I loved it thick sliced with a piece of sweet onion served on dark rye bread that had been spread with cream cheese! Our diet now consists of "if it tastes good, spit it out." In essence we are eating cardboard and sawdust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love Braunsweiger too, but only eat it every once in awhile. My fav is spreading it on toasted english muffins with some mustard. Yummy.....
    I have never seen it made like that or had it with cream cheese....we might
    just have to give it a try.
    Hope this find you doing well hon,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)