Duets with Donna

Thanks to our friend, Dorcas, for this photo.
For several months now
on most Mondays,
I've met with a friend to play duets on her grand piano.
The experience has challenged both of us musically
and blessed us in so many ways.
Today, our practices culminated in and informal afternoon concert
for nine special friends.
We served refreshments (including an Amish-baked pumpkin roll)
and enjoyed each other's company.
I hope it encouraged our guests to revive a latent talent or two
and share the results with others. 
Donna and I hope to work on a few Christmas duets 
between now and Christmas for our own pleasure.
We both agree that music is good for the body AND soul!

3 comments:

  1. Oh that is so great, Rebecca! What a special thing to give a concert and I hope it does encourage others to revive talents that they've done in the past!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Concert" sounds a little grand, but I couldn't think of another words :) I probably COULD have said "an informal concert"...

      Delete
  2. How sweet is that. I agree, music is good for the body AND soul.

    Love, hugs & prayers ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)