Safeguards

In between showers today, the men in our household
created and installed some grab bars made of galvanized steel piping materials.
I'm thankful to have these in place 
to make access to our back yard safer for all.
As I thought about these (and other) safeguards
we're introducing to our environment as we age,
I was reminded that there are Biblical safeguards in place
for our spiritual well-being.
This one, for instance:
Whatever happens, my dear brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord. 
I never get tired of telling you these things, and I do it to safeguard your faith.  
(Philippians 3:1, NLT)
I'm thankful for spiritual safeguards, too!
And so I choose to   
"embrace a joyful heart, not because of what your eyes see, 
but because of what your heart knows: 
God is good, He is for you, and He will not fail you".  (Susie Larson)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog, Rebecca. Frustration grows less and less, as I grow in grace and a strong belief that God will always get me through!

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)