Living, Singing, Seeing, Loving

We four siblings gathered from the four winds on Sunday.
Our father made sure we were all on the same page as we readied ourselves
to participate in the chapel service at the nursing home where our mother resides.
We ladies sang two songs;  Beyond Today and There's Something About that Name (Jesus) 
 Our father (retired pastor) delivered the sermon.
Brother Dave led some group songs.
After dinner, we gathered around Mother's bed for a sweet, sweet time of singing...
and then the long-distance siblings began their journeys home.
Later, my husband and I returned to OUR home,
under the canopy of a beautiful sunset.
I am so blessed to be living this life,
singing these songs,
seeing these sights,
loving these people...

7 comments:

  1. Rebecca,

    During this hard time, you are beautifully serving and loving your parents. What a testimony!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing "heroic" about it...and days like THIS one was - shared with and serving alongside my siblings - are treasures.

      Delete
  2. Oh, what sweet memories were made in such a few short hours....something you'll never forget. And, to top it off with that sunset....Wow, our God is so good!

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)