Puzzle-ing


 In addition to some of the alleged benefits of jigsaw puzzle-ing -- enhancing visual perception, sharpening coordination, improving memory, developing critical thinking, increasing dopamine production in the brain, encouraging creativity, and stimulating the whole brain -- we've found it a good substitute for disappointing TV viewing, a suitable recovery-from-a-fall-in-the-shower activity, a stress-reliever (can't believe I just wrote that) and an overall cozy winter pastime.  
We completed the one above, our fourth this winter, and are beginning one more.
Probably the last of the season.
In addition to Life Lessons I've learned from puzzle-ing that I've already blogged about,
I've learned a couple of other things that have a broader application, I think...
One.  The value of another person's perspective when problem solving, and
Two.  Sometimes  you just have to take a break.  
Walk away from it.  So frequently I return
to find the piece I was CERTAIN was not on the table!
 Here we go again!

2 comments:

  1. I started a puzzle today! I like them but don't do them very often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely been a record year for us in the puzzle department! Not sure all the reasons why......Hope you find some relaxation and pleasure doing yours, Deanna. :)

      Delete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)