Work, for the Night is Coming

My hour's drive home from Ohio last night was full of harvest scenes.
Corn and bean fields.
Combines, reapers, tractors and trucks.
As I rounded one corner, the sight above captured my attention.
As I transferred the photo from phone to computer screen,
the words of an old gospel song came to my mind and instructed me.
 
(1) Work, for the night is coming,
Work through the morning hours;
Work while the dew is sparkling,
Work 'mid springing flowers;
Work when the day grows brighter,
Work in the glowing sun;
Work, for the night is coming,
When man's work is done.

(2) Work, for the night is coming,
Work through the sunny noon;
Fill brightest hours with labor,
Rest comes sure and soon.
Give every flying minute,
Something to keep in store;
Work, for the night is coming,
When man works no more.

(3) Work, for the night is coming,
Under the sunset skies;
While their bright tints are glowing,
Work, for daylight flies.
Work till the last beam fadeth,
Fadeth to shine no more;
Work, while the night is darkening,
When man's work is o'er.

We must quickly carry out the tasks assigned us by the one who sent us. 
The night is coming, and then no one can work.  John 9:4, Words of our Lord Jesus










1 comment:

  1. Beautiful scene the Lord allowed you to see....then, gave you words to go with it. I LOVE when that happens!!! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)