Hovering Here


White, billowing clouds
Hovering lazily
Without clue of origin
Or destination
Calm and majestic mystery
(rlg, 7/1/2015)

This is yesterday's sky over Fairlawn Haven Retirement Community (a fine-sounding name for nursing home/independent living/special care unit/rehab facility, etc.).  My mother and I spent an hour or so sitting under its canopy.  I am so "lost" in this week--have NO idea what day it is. I feel like one of these huge clouds that hovered lazily in the incredibly blue sky seeming to have come from nowhere and going nowhere. (Of course, I DO know where I came from and where I'm going.....just not where I "am" at the moment).  

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!

    Sometimes it is just good to look up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Sometimes it IS just good to look up!

      Delete
  2. "To say the very thing you really mean, the whole of it, nothing more or less.. that's the whole art and joy of words." (C.S. Lewis)


    I like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure why I feel "compelled" to express myself this way....Thank you for your affirmation, my friend.

      Delete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)