Bent but not Broken

Bent but not broken
Fields of corn
Bowing
Silently waiting the future
That only He knows. 
(rlg)

We looked out solemnly as our car passed miles and miles of fields on Sunday.
Saturday's storms (rain and wind) had clearly taken their toll.
The next morning, my pen met paper.  Once again words formed themselves.
When I laid down the pen, I reread what I'd written, 
I realized  these were more than words about fields of corn.
Meanwhile in our back yard, plants compete with weeds for space.
It's too wet to do anything about it. 
These are puzzling days.
Days for reflection.  Days for prayer.  Days for trusting.

8 comments:

  1. They truly are puzzling days to us. I'm so glad that He's holding our hands because He knows the future....so very glad that I don't! I love the picture of your garden and whatever those rusty things are....I really LIKE rust...especially, since I'm getting a bit rusty myself! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like rust too. We got these pretty much for the asking several years ago, as I recall. Not so sure you could get them so easily today.....

      Delete
  2. Soon the sun will break forth and those weeks will need a good yank. You'll know when, friend. In the meantime, keep tending to the soil of your heart. God is always busy with his harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today your words are an echo of my own heart....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....so many hearts united by faith, prayer, and reflection in these puzzling days.

      Delete
  4. Hello Rebecca,
    I know what you mean.........it has been hard to read the news lately, but I have to keep reminding
    myself that these things have to happen if our Lord is to come................
    and indeed these are days of reflection, prayer, praise and trusting!! He is worthy!!
    but we can't help but wonder at times, it is just our humanness to want to know where it is all
    going.........lol

    Blessings sweetie,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)