In addition to the common threads running through thousands - yes, thousands - of comments on our governor's facebook page (i.e. "You're an embarassment to the state of Indiana", "I'm ashamed to be a Hoosier,” and “Indiana is the laughingstock of the world”) are economic threats such as, “I won't even stop for gas when I'm driving across your state. NOT ONE PENNY. Disgraceful.” Or “I’m moving out this backward state as soon as possible and will never come back again.”
It's been UGLY here! And, if the following comments are any indication, it just MIGHT get uglier!
· And there's absolutely no proof of a god thingie or this jebus fellow.
· Religious bigot. ooooh, you have an invisible sky daddy.
· Your God is a sadist and evil.
· Meanwhile the sky daddy folks are just babbling...like that great fictional story of babel.
· You bloody christians don't need money.. Thieving a- holes..
· Begone Satan, I mean Pence.
· We are also sharing your post, might wana delete your page. (This to someone who supported the governor.)
· You religitards always claim your religious freedom is under attack when others start refusing to let you use your religion to discriminate against them. Maybe if you didn't believe in imaginary beings, you'd be able to see things as they truly are.
· May your political career go to hell, and you with it.
· Lemme see the first business to hang up a sign not allowing service of gay individuals. If I could, I'd have an abortion on their welcome mat. But since my reproductive organs don't allow that, I'll be sure to aggressively make out with your male customers instead.
· You bloody christians don't need money.. Thieving a- holes...
· We have to respect our liberal values as much as the conservaturds respect theirs! We can no longer be nice about it any more! When we start yelling, they will say stupid stuff like stop whining! When we bring out the torches and pitchforks they call us thugs, when we declare war, they call us demagogues ! When we fire the first shot, then they want to discuss things!
It's Holy Week.
The words of Jesus on the cross have new significance for me this year.
"Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."