Begin. Again.

I recently read a quote (but failed to copy it exactly).  
The gist of it was "Don't look back; you're not going that direction."
So I'm not going to look back.
Besides, I'm not sure how far back I'd have to look!
January 2014?  Or January 2015?
Either way, my intention was to write a new song every week.
I have little to show for that intention.
The photo above shows that I may get my inspiration just about anytime.  
Anywhere.
The challenge for me is to DO it.
I have the equipment.
I have enough skills to compose and record simple songs.
So.....there's no time like the present to begin.  Again.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Again,
    Isn't it just the neatest thing that we have the option to begin again at any time.......
    At new fresh start..........God is truly the God of new beginings and 2nd chances.
    I love that about HIM..............
    So looking forward to seeing some song writing.
    Hope you are doing well hon,
    Blessings, Nellie
    p.s. my other comment was on your My Mother/My Self post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! Enough emotional energy going elsewhere, that when it comes to taking the time to write down the tunes, I "peter" out.....

      Delete
  2. Each of us have a song. You are most fortunate and blessed that you can put yours upon the page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a way for me to memorize verses from the Bible - I put tunes to them. (Thus, the words are the REAL "song"!)

      Delete
  3. There are times when we are silent in our creative endeavors...but it is just there waiting patiently for one to come back to it :0) you will get there again... mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That is so. And you understand, don't you?

      Delete
  4. Our sweet niece who has been in a wheelchair for almost 25 years, totally dependent on others for all her needs, said something to me yesterday about there not being enough hours in a day. All this precious girl has is time.... and she spends it making phone calls, checking on others, giving words of encouragement....and I still find things to complain about in my blessed life. :(

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)