SO aware of what I was spared yesterday!
I really don't light candles very much, but yesterday morning I did.
We're early risers. I estimate I lit this candle around 5:00 a.m.
At 6:30 I was out the door and on my way to get to the nursing home
where my mother resides in time to be there when the doctor made his rounds.
(You probably can guess where this post is headed!)
I returned home around 12:45 p.m.
Sinking into my recliner AFTER wiping up the kitchen floor
because I hadn't checked the seal on the dishwasher that I turned on as I left the house,
I looked across the room and saw this candle--still burning.
I share the photos (dust and all) to first of all acknowledge the protection of my Heavenly Father,
and secondly to remind YOU to blow out those candles!
(Personally, I may not light another one for a long while.)