Willing and Prepared

Jesus IS watching.  Jesus sees. 
And that's enough.
Those were my concluding words to yesterday's post.
An unexpected affirmation to those words came within an hour of writing them.
I was driving to make one of my frequent visits to my parents.
Before I left, I had sent a link to a file containing the hand-outs for a presentation
I was scheduled to do in the evening for a group of pastors' wives
to my husband to be copied at his office.
I was using drive time to formulate an introduction to my "talk".
Then came the phone call from the organizer of the evening's meeting.
The weather forecast for the afternoon predicted serious weather for our area.
Knowing the reluctance of women to be driving in the snow and ice,
she canceled the meeting.
As I drove on to visit my mother at the residential care unit,
I was SO aware that Jesus IS watching.  That Jesus sees.
I felt a little like Hagar.  (Genesis 16:13)
 She gave this name to the LORD who spoke to her: 
"You are the God who sees me," 
for she said, "I have now seen the One who sees me."
BIBLE PAINTINGS Hagar and the Angel Carel Fabritius
Hagar and the Angel, Painter: Carel Fabritius, 1643-5
I had been willing and I was prepared for the evening.
For yesterday, this was all He asked of me--to be willing to be used
and to be prepared to be used.
 After a pleasant visit with my dear parents,
I drove home in fair weather and arrived safely
before the predicted snowfall began - which it did with a fury.
Oh!
You'll never guess what the reading was this morning (Tuesday)
as my husband and I shared it from the explorefaith site,
The passage from Mark 12 about the widow's mite!
(You'd have to read yesterday's post to understand why this excites me...)
Coincidence?  I don't THINK so.
 Jesus IS watching.  Jesus sees. And that's enough.


2 comments:

  1. I am glad to read that you are feeling better and have been encouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reminder to me that Jesus is watching....he knows our heart so well.....Many times the Lord has lifted a task I was uncomfortable with or weary to do and like you it excited me to know that he see's me. Good post and share. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)