Chipped Cups

 While paging through WINTER cottages at Barnes and Noble,
 my attention was grabbed by the beauty of these red & white cups and saucers!
Then I noticed the cup in the back.
Do you notice anything unexpected about it?
How encouraging is THAT?!?

God uses "chipped cups", too.
"Remember, dear brothers and sisters, that few of you were wise in the world's eyes
or powerful or wealthy when God called you.  Instead God chose things the world
considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise.  And he chose things 
that are powerless to shame those who are powerful.  God chose things despised by the world, 
things counted as nothing at all, and used them to bring to nothing
what the world considers important.  As a result, no one can ever boast
in the presence of God."  I Corinthians 1:26-28


So bring out those chipped cups!  
Those are the kind God "uses".

7 comments:

  1. I have this magazine and have looked at it several times this winter before noticing the chip. I smiled when I saw it because I have some chipped cups. I thought how interesting it was that such a grand publication would use less than perfect on their cover even...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! How wonderful that these "chipped cups" are useful and lovely, even when imperfect. A good object lesson for this "earthen vessel" this morning...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the Lord uses chipped and even broken things and makes something useful and beautiful out of them. Those cups are so pretty and I do love the fact that they used a chipped one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so needed to read this at this precise moment. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning!
    I'm your newest follower here at your blog- I've found you from visiting at Heather's blog this morning. I really admire your love for the Lord and look forward to reading more here at your blog.

    Oh, so thankful that the Lord can use 'chipped cups' in such a mighty way- nothing is wasted in God's economy, bringing all things for the good.

    Blessigs, Deanna
    @ www.theheartshunger.blogspot.com
    - hope to have you visit:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mother keeps a beautiful chipped handpainted china mug because its my sister's favorite. She drinks her tea out of it each visit. I'm thankful God keeps me around, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all are like beautiful chipped cups.....:)

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)