Many years ago, when I was just beginning a speaking "career", a friend (Jane Rich) pointed out my apparent tendency to downplay myself when receiving a compliment. She exhorted me, "Just say 'thank you'".
So, thank you, Janie! I receive this award in spite of previous refusals to play along with them. And here are my "7 Things About Myself".
1. At the age of 40, I dropped "Becky" and became Rebecca. It wasn't so very hard to do. The hardest part is BEHAVING like a Rebecca instead of a Becky. There IS a difference, you know.
2. I am a bundle of imperfections sharing a body with my perfectionist mind. This, I believe, is why I am a hopeless procrastinator.
3. I could sit with my laptop All. Day. Long. (I know that won't come as a surprise to some who know me)
4. I really, really, really want a small vintage trailer to putter in/with.
5. I was born on Christmas day and have a small cabin in the back yard decorated as "Christmas" year 'round. (Also a perpetual Christmas tree in our downstairs bathroom. 'Nother story for another time.)
6. I need new glasses. The last time I "tried out" for some (too many years ago) I tried 3 different sets of lens for at least 2 weeks each. They all gave me fits and in the end I went back to my old ones. Now I REALLY need new glasses.
7. I DO love Jesus. Just want to love Him better. He deserves So. Much. More.