|Last night's sunset|
Yesterday was a full one. Our gas tank wasn't!
|Hostess (L) & Host (R)|
- Sunday School and Worship Service.
- Dinner at our favorite (and only) local restaurant with visitors to our church.
- A drive to Coldwater Lake.
- Lazy conversation, devotions, prayer and games with our "Home Connection" group (1/3 of those present seen here...)
- And on the way home--a first! We ran out of gas.
- (Our gas gauge is broken.) He thought he knew how much was in the tank. He didn't.
- Thank the Lord for cell phones (ours and Bob's).
- Bob, one of our group, was traveling somewhere behind us. We were able to contact him. He brought us gas and we were able to make it to the next gas station.
- Nearing home, this is what we saw...
Oh. About the Life Lesson of my previous post,
"mine" was that I want to be like the black-eyed Susans--
beautiful (especially inwardly) AND beautifying.
Inadvertently, I learned another Life Lesson!
Many perspectives create beauty not unlike the multiple colors
of the beautiful rainbow we saw last night.
One color a rainbow does not make!Therefore, if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort in love, any sharing in the Spirit, any sympathy, complete my joy by thinking the same way, having the same love, being united, and agreeing with each other. Don’t do anything for selfish purposes but with humility think of others as better than yourselves. Instead of each person watching out for their own good, watch out for what is better for others. (Philippians 2:1-4)