- When we are most anxious and distressed, God will make a way...
- Convert worries into prayers and fears into faith.
- I travel an appointed way...there are no accidents. (repurposed Tozer quote)
- "Our God is a God who not merely restores, but takes up our mistakes and follies into His plans for us and brings good out of them." (J.I. Packer)
- God gets glory when His enemies are defeated, His children are delivered, His name is exalted, His exploits are remembered, His praises are sounded.
- Be more concerned for God's glory than for my relief.
- "Well, if He is glorified, I am content." (J. Hudson Taylor)
- "Faith is to prayer what the feather is to the arrow; it feathers the arrow of prayer and makes it fly swifter, and pierce the throne of grace." (Thomas Watson)
- To be beside myself at wits' end...this implies a lack of trust, confidence in God.
- Sometimes plodding is better than plotting.
- We can become paralyzed by procrastination! (I put a big red asterisk by this one.)
- "Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what lies clearly at hand." (Sir William Oster)
- "God marks across some of our days, 'Will explain later.'" (Vance Havner)
- Trials and troubles are dumbbells and treadmills for the soul.
There are SO many more! You can see how I filled 3 journal pages.
I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite, but isn't that Vance Havner quote reassuring?!