The SDR

 Riding the elevator is a daily occurrence in the life of our grandchildren
Here we're on our way down to eat at the SDR (Student Dining Room).
I think Dad is trying to get a coat on Elijah.
We take the FRONT entrance this time to walk through the famous Moody Bible Institute arch.  Beside the arch is this inscription (above).
 I realize I didn't take any pictures of us in the dining room!  It was a little chaotic there...but through the windows in the hallway, the children saw this mural in progress. 
 After eating, we explored further.  The gold grids are the actual grid of streets in Chicago.  Jesus (on the left) will be looking out over the city.  Above, two of the children explore the darkness of the city. "Jesus wants to bring light to dark hearts; joy to sad hearts," we told them.
They understood.

Luke 19:41-42 As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, [Jesus] wept over it and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace — but now it is hidden from your eyes.
Jesus' heart was deeply moved by the plight of people who choose to reject Him.  Overlooking the city of Jerusalem and its thousands of residents on at least two separate occasions, Jesus' heart was saddened by the failure of the majority to receive him.  He STILL loves the city and its people.  His heart must STILL break over the failure of the majority to receive Him!

3 comments:

  1. An author and a caring grandparent...one surprised me but the other is so obvious, Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! And we are to be His lights in the darkness of the city. "Lord, help me to reflect You in all I do."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your description of the mural was perfect Rebecca. What a great way of explaining it to your grandchildren! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)