'Twas Three Days Before Christmas...

With only a couple of days to go before Christmas Eve, this is the way our kitchen and dining area looked BEFORE the floor levelers came this morning.
THIS is the scene  in the middle of the afternoon.
You can use your imagination to visualize the adjacent room  stacked full of the buffet, dining table, chairs, and contents of cupboards that had to be moved, the kitchen island, stove and refrigerator.  Last night was practice for the Christmas Eve program; this noon was the final community Advent service (I was responsible for the meal), our son & daughter-in-law are preparing to return from Ethiopia with their new daughter, and our granddaughter (another family) just got out of the hospital yesterday afternoon.

Saturday I'm hosting my dad and mother, and one of my sisters and her family for Christmas Day.  After church Sunday, our two daughters and their families will arrive and spend the night before we go to a larger, extended family gathering Monday through Wednesday noon.

Not exactly how WE'D have planned it, but all within GOD'S plan (apparently).  His ways ARE higher than ours and His thoughts than our thoughts!  I doubt that Mary realized she'd be spending the night of her delivery in a stable...I wonder if THAT was part of the memory she "treasured in her heart"?!? 

I have some learning to do before I can say I treasure THESE hectic and messy and uncertain days!
Maybe if I don't look ahead and just take it hour by hour...
 It's ALREADY working!  After a few hours, this is how it looks.
Tomorrow, the floor will be installed.

12 comments:

  1. You can do it...just do as you say and don't look ahead. My theme for the new year is ..Just Do it.! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a wonderful idea Rebecca. Whenever I feel overwhelmed it is my husband who reminds me to do one thing.Than I can move on to the next. It does seem to help in most cases. You seem to have an awful lot on your plate in the next few days. I hope that you can find the time to enjoy it as well, especially that new granddaughter! Much Love and Blessings to you for a PEACEFUL Christmas! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your attitude!! It's gonna look so good when finished!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just take it hour by hour . . . moment by moment! Me, too!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's going to be beautiful, Rebecca! Keep your eye on the prize!

    Sounds like you are going to have Blessings abound with family, friends, and Faith! So happy to hear that your granddaughter is home! And so happy to hear about the new addition just in time for Christmas!

    Enjoy it all! Savor the Blessings!
    Love to you,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. You already have succeeded in so many ways, your granddaughter is home from hospital and a new one on her way home.....you are so blessed. The floors are a bonus.....:-)Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. It IS a lot and of course it feels overwhelming right now. When you are on the "other" side of these hectic days it will be so nice to enjoy that new floor you've waited for so long! What is that last picture about?? How did they level the floor?

    What's for dinner Saturday? I'm hosting here too. (for 8) and then again Jan 2 (for 12) when the rest of the family gets here and we do Christmas all over again! This being Wednesday night, I'd better start thinking of the menus!

    Our moms of course will both be here...what I'd give for one more Christmas with our dads...so don't stress, just enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bernie, You are EXACTLY right! So blessed PLUS a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish you a peaceful and joyful Christmas Rebecca! God bless you in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could use that floor leveler in my kitchen! How wonderful it will be when it's complete!
    You have a lovely attitude..I always gleen - is gleen a word?- great advice and wisdom from you!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I already feel more relaxed about my own schedule! :)

    What a month for you, and in it all, some very precious and special things going on. ENJOY it all, the mess and the beauty of having your family around as you celebrate CHRISTmas together!

    Merry Christmas!

    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just breathe, deeply... since it is all about family and love and the spirit of it all, any mess or lack of perfection is not to be of concern... no one really cares, they just want to be with you.

    Have a most joyous and blessed Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)