His Cradle; My Calendar


At the end of today's meditation in Streams in the Desert (Volume 2) was this quote:

"Even the centuries obey Him and swing their orbits around His cradle and date their calendar from His birth." --Selected

THIS day, I want to obey Him and "swing MY orbit" around His cradle because of His cross!  He is worthy of my undivided attention; my complete devotion.  Practically speaking, I will look again at my date book and adjust my calendar with Him in mind.

Christmas is the time to link my PERSONAL calendar to His SIMPLE cradle.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! Beautiful thoughts!
    'Hoping I can do the same.
    Love and Prayers,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I love that imagery... me swinging my orbit around his cradle! That's a lot of me swinging, damaged flesh at best. Makes me grateful for the healing that comes with my intentional trajectory that encompasses the manger.

    Blessed Christmas walk, sister.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully said Rebecca!

    Stopping in to wish you and yours a blessed and beautiful CHRISTmas and New Year!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas is the time to link my PERSONAL calendar to His SIMPLE cradle.

    What a wonderful thought Rebecca. Thank you!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)