Thanks: Giving it Right is the title of my husband's sermon this morning! Taken from Hebrews 12:28-13:16, it challenges me...
- To be thankful IN the primary (and unshakable) setting of God’s Kingdom (12:28)
- To be thankful BY a practical showing of that thanksgiving (13:1-5)
- To be thankful BECAUSE of the Perfect Savior (13:5-8)
- To be thankful FOR our precious salvation (13:9)
- To be thankful THROUGH a personal separation (13:13)
- And to be thankful WITH a perpetual sacrifice of lips and service (13:15-16)
P.S. Almost as if to test me to see if I have learned the "Thanksgiving Lesson" well,
I have developed a case of painful shingles! I WILL give thanks anyway.
The blessings of my life far outweigh the temporary pain that I am experiencing.