I'm Preparing

 One of our daughters and three grandchildren are coming to visit for a few days.  So I'm preparing!  This morning we rolled out this rug on the unfinished wood floor (we're still trying to decide whether to paint them or have new laminate floors installed).  The rug will make it a little safer for the children to walk in their bare feet!  It looks cozier, too!
 This is the sight looking from the living room door toward the windows in the dining part of our kitchen...
 This evening the table will be set and we'll enjoy the BarBQ beef sandwiches with the new crock pot recipe I'm trying (2 lb. chuck roast, 1 jar BarBQ sauce, a can of Coke, and 2 t. garlic salt all cooked on low for 7-9 hours).  I also made a broccoli salad and we'll have corn on the cob. 
I baked the baked oatmeal this morning while it was a little cooler in the kitchen.  It's a family favorite.  I'll just microwave it in the morning to heat it and serve with raisins, nuts, dates, and milk.  The recipe is in the recipe link found at the top of my blog.

It's been a rare morning of domestic activity for me today.  The sun is shining and I hear that the humidity is going to be much lower the next couple of days.  What a pleasant reprieve!

11 comments:

  1. Ummmm! Your menu sounds wonderful!! I have never had baked oatmeal, but I looked at your recipe and I have to try it!

    I love the way the sun is shining into your dining area; it looks so inviting! Have fun with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca, I am so thankful for your blog!! God blessed me today through you. I'm very impressed with your creativity and style. You have inspired me....Thank you! Kim Williams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Kim, you encouraged me right BACK! I read about your 7-5-2 prayer commitment and think it's great. I'm humbled to know you check in from time to time. God bless you and your sweet family TODAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glenda, I'm quite sure you'll like it! You can cut & serve it like a cake. When it's just my husband and me around the house, it makes us many breakfasts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both recipes sound great and I want to
    try them. I think the rug is beautiful
    in your living area and as another
    lady commented, the sun streaming in
    through the dining room window is so
    inviting. All the photos you've shared
    of your home are lovely and oh so
    welcoming. Hope you have a wonderful
    time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Sandy. I'm hoping chuck roast gets really tender. You're supposed to tear it apart with a fork and serve it with the juices. It SOUNDS wonderful.

    We REALLY like the baked oatmeal and serve it frequently to guests who like it too and ask for the recipe. It is very convenient to make ahead and have on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so nice for your visitors, and those recipes sound wonderful......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to try both of these recipes. My usual way of eating oatmeal is (a-hem) in cookies! I love crock pot recipes...sounds so yummy. I LOVE the rug!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Bernie! They ran into traffic about an hour away and are delayed a tad. The table is set and we'll be ready to eat when they arrive.

    Jacquelyn, The rug winters on top of our living room carpet. It was rolled up and in an upstairs closet. I thought it would be nice to put down in the dining room - and I'm liking it. Maybe we don't need new floors at all :) TRY this oatmeal. You might like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dinner sounds scrumptious Rebecca! And your home looks so warm and inviting!
    The heat has been so oppressive lately. Friday it is supposed to be pleasant, I hope!
    I hope you have a wonderful time!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. The food sounds yummy...I made baked oatmeal the other day and I posted some pictures. Oh it was good!!! Your house looks really cute..has lots of character.Oh, that wood floor, I'd paint it or put some sort of glaze on it..I don't know painting terms..Wood floors are hard to come by and very rare...If it has something to protect it....that would be cool...but I have a feeling your grandkids won't care...they'll just like being with you :) :) :) Have a great weekend. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)