At any rate, this was such a wonderful read that I committed to finishing it in time to return early tomorrow morning. I'm SO glad I did! I started out this morning reading at the table on our back patio. I'd hoped for a little sun to accompany my reading, but it never shone seriously, and the breeze made for a little chill--so I moved inside. Some of my favorite quotes/thoughts include:
- Time stands still when people are happy.
- Tradition isn't something we do, it's the way we are.
- I have big, big plans for my enormous life.
- Some people appreciate what they have; others expect it.
- My mother never had a career, but she always had an agenda. And my father dutifully went along with it. So my mother got her dream life, and my father, a purpose.
- There is something to be treasured about people who know instinctively when enough is enough.