It's Official!


YearWinter begins on ...

2008December 21

2009December 21

2010December 21

2011December 22

2012December 21

2013December 21

2014December 21

I always get a little confused about when winter actually begins. Apparently TODAY - and the 21st most of the time except for 2011! It's easy to believe it's winter from the view outside our windows and doors. Let's make this a GOOD winter season - enjoying the views, celebrating the particular beauty and giving thanks to the Creator of seasons and Sustainer of All Things.

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven.  (Ecclesiastes 3:1) 

8 comments:

  1. This is also the shortest day of the year--my hubby reminded me of that. I guess that means, the least daylight, as I'm quite sure it still has 24 hours! (Smiles) It's great to know we always have Sonlight with us. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay warm my friend.....the snow is so beautiful and the season is glorious....Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may now be official, but my bones felt it before the calender said it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I didn't realize that it changed! I thought Winter ALWAYS began on December 21. I don't know where my head is at!

    And I'm happy to see in Donna's comment that it's the shortest day of the year, that means from here on it will get better and better!

    Love to you,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ALL sound about as enthusiastic as I am about winter :) Pat, that's exactly where I "feel" winter! In my BONES! I chill from the inside out and my bones seem to hold on to the cold for all it's worth! It hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Winter Solstice is here, that's for sure! I "think" I still like winter, snow and all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photograph!
    Happy first day of winter...and I hope that you have a beautiful Christmas, my friend.
    Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)