Coffee after Noon = Sleepless Nights


We stopped at Meijer around 2:30 p.m..  There was the Starbucks rep. offering a free cup of coffee if we would take the "taste test" (could we detect which of the two was their new instant product).  We took the test.  I drank the free 12 oz. cup of coffee. 

I am one of those people that coffee affects with sleeplessness.  I should have known better than to drink the coffee after 12:00 noon.

I woke up during the night and couldn't get back to sleep, so I turn on the radio.  Maybe I was SUPPOSED to be awake to hear these two unrelated (but applicable to me) statements which I remembered this morning.

"Be well to do good."  (This is the best motive to take care of our bodies - not for vanity or self fulfillment, but to DO good!)

The second statement was something about being between "that's over and what's next".  (Now WHY was that so profound - and WHY can't I remember the exact words?  It certainly kept me awake vacillating between "I should get up and write it down" and "No.  I will remember that.")

The bottom line:  Rebecca, you KNOW you shouldn't drink coffee after noon!

8 comments:

  1. So, could you detect the Starbuck's new instant product?

    I like that--Be well and do good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I could (Gary missed it, though).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also liked both those quotes, I especially liked the "That's over, what's next?" quote, as it can apply to so many circumstances in your life. A project over, now on to the next one. A hurdle tackled now on to the next one. A problem taken care of and put behind you, now on to the next one. A happy moment in time now just a joyful memory, and on to the next one.
    Always looking ahead!
    I think I'm a lot like that, which is good in a way, but also it has it's bad points I think, not taking time to savor the good, and not taking time to learn any lessons. 'Need to find a balance.

    Thought-provoking.

    I can sleep anytime anywhere! It doesn't matter if I drink tons of coffee or no coffee, it has no effect on me. I drink five to seven cups of coffee before my grandson comes home from school in the afternoon but if I lay down on the couch while he naps on the loveseat, I'm asleep in no time too!
    I have more trouble sleeping when things are weighing on my mind and heart. But coffee has no effect on that, thank goodness! I love my coffee!

    Have a great weekend, Rebecca!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love good coffee in the mornings too, but drinking it anytime after 2:00 will affect my falling asleep...that is unless I'm staying up past 10:00...then I 'might' get away with it!
    Maybe it's because we are older than Eileen...her time is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "that's over; what's next" and the "in-between" time in-between.

    Sounds like waiting to me... something I don't do very well. I'm always after my "what's next"!

    Maybe the night's wrestling produced some good food for thought; that happens to me as well.

    Blessings and peace to you this weekend~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, soooo funny!!! And I've been there...things that I'm sure I'll remember in the morning, and then, they're gone!!! But fortunately or unfortunately for me, no amount of caffeine keeps me awake...LOL...God bless you! ~Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I'm o.k. as long as I don't drink caffeine after 4:00 p.m., but after that I'm just asking for a sleepless night!
    Don't you find it strange Rebecca that there are some things we can remember in the morning and others just fade away?
    Love Di

    ReplyDelete
  8. Starbucks is really strong coffee and would definitely keep me awake if I drank it in the late afternoon or evening. Too bad they didn't just hand out a coupon that you could use at another time...

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)