He MAKES me...He LEADS me...He GUIDES me



This morning I've realized how much of my life I have tried to plan, organize and control. The words from the 23rd Psalm usually speak comfort to me. This morning, they bring gentle correction. "Let HIM lead! Just follow, Rebecca!"

Some day life's journey will be o'er, And I shall reach that distant shore;
I'll sing while ent-ring heaven's door, "Jesus led me all the way."

If God should let me there review The winding paths of earth I knew,
It would be proven clear and true--Jesus led me all the way.

And hitherto my Lord hath led, Today He guides each step I tread;
And soon in heav'n it will be said, "Jesus led me all the way."

(John Peterson, Jesus Led Me All the Way)

4 comments:

  1. This is a great reminder to let Him lead. I too, tend to want to control everything in my life. Lead me Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comforting words Rebecca...Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reminder! I acquired the book" A Shepherd looks at Psalm 23 from my Dad's things. He had many sections underlined. I've been reading a chapter a day as a devotional. It has really helped me see my relationship as a sheep to my Shepherd. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca, I just visited your family blog, and this one. I had to laugh at myself when I was looking at your yard sale items as if I was shopping. You do a wonderful job with all your quotes, and I love the music on them!

    Yes, give me Jesus, and let Him lead me in daily living.

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)