Holiness in not an option for Christians. We have a responsibility to pursue holiness and to live a holy life. We must obey and do our part to resist temptation and not sin. We are responsible for our sinful thoughts, attitudes, and actions. But we can not pursue holiness without the help and the strength of the God.
What God does for us concerning holiness:
* He delivers us from the reign of sin.
* He unites us with Christ.
* He has the Holy Spirit reveal our sin to us.
* He has the Holy Spirit give us a desire for holiness.
* He strengthens us as we fight sin and pursue holiness.
What we are to do concerning holiness:
* Submit to God.
* Choose to stop sinning
* Avoid the temptation to sin.
* Accept the fact that we are responsible for out thoughts, attitudes, and actions.
* Pray and rely on the Holy Spirit to help us grow in holiness and point out our sins.
* Read the Bible to develop convictions about sin.
* Make a disciplined plan to read the Bible, think about it, and apply what it says.
* Fill our minds with good, pure, and praiseworthy things.
* Obey God's will for us.
* Not get discouraged over failures. Repent and keep going forward.
Some Bible Verses about Holy Living
Hebrews 12:14 Ephesians 4:30 1 Thessalonians 4:7 Titus 2:11-12 Psalm 15:1-5 Psalm 32:3-4 Isaiah 64:6-7 Matthew 1:21 Matthew 7:21-23 1 Corinthians 1:2 Ephesians 1:4 James 2:14-26 1 John 3:2-5 Hebrews 12:14 2 Peter 3:14 Psalm 66:18
2 Timothy 2:21