DISASTER!

While doing some research for my husband's sermon on Jonah, Nineveh and the 40 day "heads up" the people of Nineveh were given, I discovered that the Hebrew word translated "evil" or "wickedness" in Jonah 1:2 has a double meaning--wickedness OR disaster.

I couldn't help stopping and acknowledging that sin of EVERY size and shape carries right along with it the seeds of disaster! Whether in an individual, a family, a church or a nation.

Oh, Lord! you ARE gracious and compassionate. Slow to anger and abounding in love. A God who relents from sending calamity. Your grace amazes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)