Inspiration

 It was so good to find myself back at a table in Barnes and Noble after a significant hiatus.


There were very few people in the room, so I didn't even wear a mask.
(Yes, I'm still one of the cautious ones.)
I gathered a stack of magazines and settled in happily.
As usual, I came home with a list of ideas and an inspiration photo or two like this one:
Do you see that caster on the leg?
(I liked everything ABOUT this old couch.)
This morning my husband added casters to our old, dated LaZ-Boy hideabed/couch.
It sits more comfortably AND looks better with the apron raised a bit
off the floor, in my opinion.
It's obviously dated, but then, so am I...
Inspiration comes from so many sources.
Today I'm reading My God and My All, by Elizabeth Goudge.
It is the story of St. Francis.  I
I read slowly as I savor so much of the wisdom contained in it... 
 

"He made of his whole body a tongue to preach the gospel."


4 comments:

  1. OH! An Elizabeth Goudge book I do not have! Love the idea of adding casters too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might have been you who introduced me to her writing...

      Delete
  2. I love it! Happy you were able to be out and about for a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love getting inspiration, too! I love the idea of casters on a sofa leg!

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)