Treasure Old and New

 

Seed Thought #1

 One day while listening to and marveling over the explanation of Scripture on EWTN’s daily Mass, I jotted down the question, “Why have I this treasury?” (Why am I SO privileged?) 

 I was overwhelmed by the insight of the early Church Fathers and the unfolding of the Gospel of the day by the homilist. 

 It was as though I’d waded in the shallow waters in the past and was being introduced to depths of insight, experience and wisdom of the ages pertaining to the words of  a page so familiar to me.

Then I remembered words of a verse that seemed related. I used its key words to track its reference to Matthew 13:52.

 Combining most of the translations available in Bible Hub, I came up with the following:

 “Therefore (because of this) every teacher  (scribe, student of the Scriptures, expert) of the (religious) law who has become(s) a disciple in (who has been trained for, well trained for, who has become a disciple of, which is instructed unto, who has been discipled in, …into, having been discipled in regard to, who has been made a disciple in) the kingdom (reign) of heaven is like (a man) the owner (a homeowner, a landowner, a master, a head of a household) of a house who brings out (puts forth out ) of his storeroom (treasure, storage room, treasure chest)  new (and fresh) treasures (gems of truth)  as well as old  (and familiar) (what is new and what is old, new and old things).”

I'm reveling in the joy of my treasure--my treasury!  Priceless. Inexhaustible. Old AND new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)