The Day Before


Christmas cards blend BEAUtifully
with Christmas birthday cards
the day before Christmas and my birthday.
Today (Christmas Eve)
I baked my cake for tomorrow...
Baked Oatmeal.
I even took a hasty selfie
and include it without apology--
a record of the last day of being
71.
I'm almost finished with my Read-thru-the-Bible plan for 2020.
I've been reading out of the Amplified Bible.
Usually, the Song of Solomon is NOT my favorite book of the Bible.
But this morning, I read 7:1 as though it were a promise to me--
that my "person" would be noticed this year even as my outer beauty fades!
(I know that the bracketed parts are not actual text.)
I read on and stopped and smiled at the 10th verse.
{She proudly said} I am my beloved's,
and his desire is toward me!
I have much room to grow in the realization
of my Bridegroom's love in my 72nd year.
I believe it will be so.


2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday and Merry Christmas, Rebecca. When I look at your photo, I'm reminded of Peter's words in 1 Peter 3:4: "Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair or gold jewelry or fine clothes, but from the inner disposition of your heart, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in God’s sight." You have that gentle and quiet spirit, Rebecca, and a heart that is full of love for Jesus. That's so attractive, so beautiful. God bless you in the new year and always. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)